Good evening to all of our readers!
Thanks so much for checking in for this week's Nanny Tip of the Week! Considering that autumn is here and has fully arrived, this week's nanny tip is going to be all about the ever classic fall item: the pumpkin! For all ages, we have some super fun activities to give you all to try this season. Whether you've got several neighborhood kids to come over and do a fun pumpkin craft or you just do it with your kiddos, this week's got several fun resources for you to try. Please enjoy!
1. Edible Pumpkin Pie Play Dough - Want something that's activity based and something your little one can snack on? Then this activity is perfect for you! With only a few ingredients to put this together, you can whip this up in no time. Check out the link here for more information: http://www.coffeecupsandcrayons.com/edible-pumpkin-pie-play-dough/
2. Stained Glass Pumpkin - Though this one isn't "technically" stained glass, it still is a great decorative item to have around the house this fall season! This project will definitely need an adult to help (that's you!) to make this craft come together. Grab a little colored plastic wrap, construction paper and a few other items and you're ready to go. Check out the link here for more information: http://www.craftsonsea.co.uk/stained-glass-pumpkin-suncatcher/
3. Halloween Ghost Pumpkin Science Eruption - Similar to the classic volcano science experiment, you can do the same activity with a pumpkin! Add some fun food coloring to your baking soda/vinegar mixture and create a gooey foamy mess that is certain to get you and your kids into the spirit of fall. Check out the link here for more information: http://littlebinsforlittlehands.com/halloween-ghost-pumpkin-science-activity/
4. Pumpkin Painting Art Activity - Need to get outside and an excuse to roll a pumpkin around? Then you've got to try out this super fun activity! All you need is some paint, a large roll of butcher paper and a pumpkin (or two) to decorate a unique pumpkin mural with your kids. Check out the link here for more information: http://www.childhoodbeckons.com/2011/10/chuckin-pumpkin-painting.html
5. Pumpkin Flower Pot - This craft is great if you need to give a gift to a parent, teacher, coach or friend! Take a small pumpkin, clear out the inner parts of the pumpkin, and plant some little sprouts. Not only is this fall related, but it's also a great way to thank someone special this fall season. Check out the link here for more information: http://www.growinginprek.com/apps/blog/categories/show/1107488-pumpkins
We hope you enjoyed our few pumpkin activities this week! Be sure to give a few of them a try with your kids and let us know which one was a hit! Chicago Collegiate Nannies, as always, thanks you for reading our weekly nanny tips and we hope that you feel inspired this fall season. Thanks again and have an excellent week!
Photo Credit: woodleywonderworks (https://flic.kr/p/3KFQh9)