Good evening to all of our nannies!
As the old saying goes, "April showers bring May flowers," so this week's Nanny Tip of the Week is going to be a fun one! We wanted to provide our readers with some fun craft ideas that you can use now that more flowers are in bloom this month. You can use these craft ideas for decorating the art room, giving them as gifts, or as fun party ideas for those crafty kids of yours. Please enjoy and take a look at what we've got for you this week!
1. Flower Accordian Flower Collage - This is a fun idea for those that are looking to make a larger art project. This can go great hung up on a wall, on the mantle of the living room, or given as a gift/card! The great thing about this craft is that you can use a lot of things around the house to create a unique look for your flower collage. Check out the link below for a list of what you need and how to complete this craft:
2. Blossom Fairy Lights - Want to help decorate your kiddo's room with some floral inspiration? This craft is a great one to try out. It includes glitter, egg cartons, paint, string lights and a few other items and results in a sparkly decorative masterpiece. Whether your child is younger or older, this can certainly fill up several hours in the afternoon and can be hung up in their room before bedtime. You have to give this one a try!
3. California Poppy Magnets - Needing to dress up the refrigerator a bit? Give this craft a try! All you need is some modeling clay, paint, magnets and a couple other items to complete this activity. Plus, the personal touch added to these magnets will absolutely make your employers notice the time that was put into this gift you both made while they were away at work. Get creative with colors and sizes and click the link below for more info:
4. Sunflower Mosaic Project - This is another great craft idea for older kids. Although this activity requires a few more materials, it results in a great piece of artwork that can be kept or gifted to someone! Similar to most mosaic projects, the final result is a sunflower that is sure to brighten up someone's day. Check out the link below for more information:
5. Flower Power Cupcakes - For those kids that enjoy baking, this activity is a great one to try out. Be sure that your kiddo doesn't have any food allergies before you bake these cupcakes or modify the recipe to make it a healthier treat for your kids. This final product looks so great when you're done baking them that you may not want to eat them! Look at the link below for the full recipe:
That's going to be all from us this week for our May Flower Craft Ideas! We hope you give a few of these a try and that you can have some great gifts or crafts for your kids to keep in the end. Be sure to enjoy making memories with your little ones and let us know your thoughts on what you enjoyed from this week's nanny tip! Thanks for reading and we can't wait to bring you another great tip next week!
Photo Credit: Donnie Ray Jones (https://flic.kr/p/EPo5eA)
P.S. For more flower craft ideas, be sure to check out this link here as this is where we got a lot of inspiration for this week's Nanny Tip of the Week: http://buggyandbuddy.com/flower-crafts-roundup/