Good evening readers!
We have been having a busy fall season here at Chicago Collegiate Nannies! We have enjoyed bringing you some great new features on our website, connecting with new families and building up our nanny community here. For those who continue to promote and believe in us, we thank you again! Now with our recognitions out of the way, we want to get to a fun topic. Halloween is just around the corner and we have some super fun ideas to recommend about some great DIY costumes to do with your kiddos! These are great for any kids that need a last minute costume (or even for you!) that they can wear to their next trick-or-treat outing. Take a few moments and check out these awesome ideas below!
1. Candy Rapper - Have a boy that has a sweet tooth and loves spitting some beats? This ironic costume idea is perfect for them! Check out the link below for more info on how to put this costume together: http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/make-and-decorate/crafts/easy-budget-halloween-costume-candy-rapper
2. Hot Air Balloon Costume - Trying to think of how to use everyday household items for a costume? If you’ve got a balloon, some string and laundry basket, you can throw this together in no time! Check out the link below for more info on how to put this costume together: http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/make-and-decorate/crafts/how-to-make-a-hot-air-balloon-halloween-costume
3. It’s Raining Cats & Dogs - Got an animal lover? Help your little one put this together with some felt animals, an umbrella, a raincoat and a few other materials. This clever idea will be sure to wow everyone! Check out the link below for more info on how to put this costume together: http://www.parenting.com/article/raining-cats-and-dogs-costume
4. Bubble Bath Costume - This idea is great for that kid who loves to spend time in the tub! All you need is some balloons for bubbles, shower poufs, a pool float and you’ve got your costume! Just be sure to make sure you bring a towel in case things get wet! Check out the link below for more info on how to put this costume together: http://www.parenting.com/gallery/no-sew-halloween-costumes-for-kids?page=1
5. Up! Costume - Want to join in on the costume with your kiddo? If your kid’s got a Boy Scout/Girl Scout uniform like Russell, a backpack and a balloon and you’ve got a suit, glasses and some silver hair spray to look like Carl Frederickson, you can make this adorable costume happen! Finding costumes you can pair up with the kids you work with can make those memories really last. Check out the link below for more info on how to put this costume together: http://mitchandmickey.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween.html
6. Lego Costume - Do you have almost zero time to put a costume together but also have a kid who loves legos? This super simple costume only requires some paint, a cardboard box and plastic fruit cup containers. Have your child help you put this together in an afternoon and they’ll be ready to trick or treat in no time! Check out this link below for more info on how to put this costume together: http://www.wineandglue.com/homemade-lego-costume/
There are several more DIY costume ideas on each of the links above that you can also take a look at for more inspiration! Above all, be sure to be safe and have fun this Halloween and make some great memories with the family you work with! Thanks so much for tuning in to this week’s Nanny Tip of the Week and we look forward to bringing you some more great tips next time!
Photo Credit: Juhan Sonin (https://flic.kr/p/3H8Fmu)