With the last few nanny tips, we have begun centering our topics around going back to school! As the school year approaches, we have included several delicious breakfast recipes for your little ones that both you and your kids are sure to enjoy. So if you are bored with the typical milk and cereal combo, be sure to give one or more of these recipes a try to help start the morning off right!
1. English Muffin Egg Pizza - For this recipe, all you will need are some hard boiled eggs, english muffins, mozzarella, tomato slices and a couple of other items to make this delicious breakfast. Check out the recipe here for specifics on how to make this: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/english-muffin-egg-pizzas
2. Smoothie Bowl - Looking to get several nutrients into your child's breakfast but unsure of a fun way to do it? Smoothie bowl recipes have been all the rage lately so you have got to give this one a shot! Plus, the great thing about smoothie bowls is that you can mix and match ingredients specific to your child's liking. Check out the recipe here for more info: http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a53598/smoothie-bowls/
3. Banana & Almond Pancakes - Need a healthy alternative to a classic breakfast recipe? Look no further than these Banana & Almond Butter Pancakes. This recipe only calls for four ingredients and can be made in about 20 minutes (prep time included!). Check out the recipe here for more info: http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a53599/banana-and-almond-butter-pancakes/
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars - This recipe is great because you can make it ahead of time and have your kiddos help you make it! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have these ready for any quick breakfast to go or as a snack after school. Also, this recipe is vegan and gluten free so it's a healthy option! Check out the recipe here for more info: http://86lemons.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-breakfast-bars/
5. "No Junk" Apple & Strawberry Muffins - These muffins are sure to be a hit in the household for both you and the parents because they are sweet and a healthy option! Plus, there is no added sugar other than the natural sugars in the ingredients so your kids will think they are getting more bang for their buck. Check out hte recipe here for more info: http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2014/04/no-junk-apple-cinnamon-and-strawberry-muffins-kids-recipe/
We hope you enjoy the recipes we've provided for you and that they make breakfast time that much more exciting for both you and the family that you work for! Be sure to check in next week for another great nanny tip and we look forward to hearing your feedback on great breakfast recipes you have to share!
Photo Credit: Donnie Ray Jones (https://flic.kr/p/qFh5fN)